In these times of increased competition and deregulation, power plant owners are forced to reduce staff and, in some cases, separate from their parent utility companies. In either case, it can be difficult to maintain senior level electrical engineering talent in specialized areas. We have this talent, cultivated thru our many years of experience working on a wide variety of utility and power plant designs.
Performance Power Services has received numerous requests to perform third party review and conduct investigations after plant events. PPS has conducted independent reviews and has participated as part of teams with the owner’s staff.
Recent reviews have included:
- performing a third party review of a root cause investigation after the catastrophic failure of a generator step up transformer
- preparing the EPC design specification for two new nuclear units
- performing a third party review of a Combined Operating License Application for a new nuclear unit
- performing a third party review of the utility design process for designs that include microprocessor applications
- performing a third party review of the design for a generator circuit breaker for a new nuclear plant design
Our staff has also performed numerous third party reviews of combustion turbine and combined cycles designs.